A.I.R. GALLERY FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION
12-month sponsored membership and solo show opportunity for emerging and under-represented self-identified women artistsDEADLINE: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2017 AT 11:59PM
In order to be eligible for the A.I.R. Fellowship program you must be;
- A self-identified woman artist.
- Have not had a solo exhibition at a permanent commercial gallery in NYC in the last 10 years.
- Are residents, or within commuting distance of, New York City metropolitan area for the duration of their Fellowship.
- 18 years or older.
- Not a student or enrolled in any degree seeking program at the time of the program.
- Not participating in a comparable development program or residency program during your Fellowship.
- Not currently a member, employee or board member of A.I.R. Gallery, and never have had a solo show at A.I.R. Gallery.
- Not a Fellowship alumna.
Not sure if you qualify? Check our frequently asked questions page for more info.
In order to prepare the best application possible A.I.R. will host a free Info Session. This is not mandatory however it is strongly encouraged that applicants attend the workshop if possible.
**Fellowship Q&A Info Session on Tuesday October 3rd and Wednesday October 18th from 6:30-7:30pm. RSVP required, limited seating available.
Artists awarded the A.I.R. Fellowship will receive a solo exhibition sponsored in full by the gallery, development workshops with a professional in the field, a one-on-one studio visit with one of the review panelists, an artist-mentor at A.I.R. Gallery to work with throughout the program, and much more.
Artists are required to develop and execute one community project in the spirit of A.I.R.’s community. Artists will present a brief artist’s talk at the opening reception for their exhibition. They are expected to commit to the participation in the program and A.I.R. community by attending events and workshops.
IMAGE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
VIDEO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- 72ppi, JPG, RGB files only.
- Image may not exceed 1000 pixels in any direction.
- Images MUST be oriented properly (ex: top of the image is up).
- All file names must be labeled with Title, Year, Medium, Dimensions (H x W x D) i.e. Untitled 2, 2015, Acrylic on canvas, 14x14 inches.jpg.
- You must fill in all fields and upload all 5 images in order for your application to be complete.
- Videos may not exceed 5 minutes in length.
- .MOV or MP4 format ONLY.
- All file names must be labeled with Title, Year, Medium, Dimensions (H x W x D) i.e. Untitled 2, 2015, Acrylic on canvas, 14x14".jpg.
- You must fill in all fields and upload 1 video in order for your application to be complete.
ADDITIONAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- All questions should be answered to the best of your ability.
- Resume and artist statement in PDF format ONLY.
- PLEASE NOTE you MUST not include your name in any document or file name because this is a blind review (ex: images, videos, PDFs, etc)
Each year, a rigorous selection review is conducted by a panel of outside curators, critics, and established artists. Through a multi-round process, artists are selected based on the quality and commitment to their work. A final interview and selection is made by A.I.R. Gallery Artists. A mandatory in-person interview is held prior to being accepted to the program. The A.I.R. Fellowship Program is open to artists working in all media and seeks to work with those that could benefit from the opportunities that the program offers. Six artists will be awarded a Fellowship. This year's panelists include Lia Gangitano, Rujeko Hockley, and Lisa Oppenheim.
A.I.R. Gallery reserves the right to omit any applications that do not meet our specifications.
If for any reason you do not get an email confirmation from submittable after applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants will be notified by APRIL 2018. Please do not contact the gallery to inquire about your application.