A.I.R. Gallery (Artists in Residence, Inc.) is a feminist, not-for-profit, artist-run cooperative gallery for women, femmes and non-binary artists. As a collective, A.I.R. maintains a permanent exhibition space and exhibits the work of hundreds of artists each year. A.I.R. fosters a multiplicity of voices in the arts, facilitates intergenerational dialogue, continues investigations of feminism, and bridges art and activism. Founded in 1972, A.I.R. builds on its history while it seeks to expand the responsibility of a feminist space by supporting artists across a spectrum of intersectional identities and cultural perspectives.
NEW YORK MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM
To apply for membership please complete all questions.
EXHIBITION PROPOSAL FORM
Your application must include the following:
- A 500 word proposal describing your plans and ideas for the exhibition
- Resume (one page)
- Artist statement (one page)
- Please list one (1) reference with contact information
- Images or Video
- Ten (10) images related to proposed exhibition in 1000px high (variable width), 72dpi, JPG, RGB
- Three (3) videos, each of which can be a maximum of three (3) minutes long. Accepted file types include Mp4, AVI, MOV, MPG. Only moving images, i.e. time-based media, video, kinetic art or documentation of performance art, should be submitted as video files. Videos of still artwork or documentation of artistic process will not be viewed.
- Completed image or video list
We have three different exhibition spaces, please consider this in your proposal.
Gallery I- $3,600 (August ONLY)
Gallery II- $3,200 ($2,900 for A.I.R. NY Artists or August Dates)
Gallery III-$3,200 ($2,900 for A.I.R. NY Artists or August Dates)