A.I.R. Gallery is a permanent exhibition space that supports an open exchange of ideas and risk–taking by women artists in order to provide support and visibility. As an artist-run organization, A.I.R. fosters involvement through multiple tiers of representation: New York, National, Adjunct, and Alumnae Artists. A self-directed governing body, the organization is alternative to mainstream institutions and thrives on the network of active participants. Collaborations and partnerships with outside organizations and individuals ensure a platform informed by a diverse community and representative of broad views. A.I.R. maintains a gallery space in Brooklyn, NY and exhibits the work of hundreds of women artists each year. In addition to public open calls: Generations, the Biennial, Currents, and the Postcard Show, A.I.R. hosts many events, lectures and symposia on feminism, art and much more. Our programs engage an audience across a broad spectrum of experiences while creating a lively discourse among artists. A.I.R.’s Fellowship Program For Emerging and Underrepresented Women Artists provides a year-long career development intensive for six artists each year as well as life-long support and collaboration. Since 1972, when a group of visionary women artists opened the first gallery space at 97 Wooster Street in Soho, A.I.R. Gallery has been leading the way in championing women artists, increasing their visibility and the viability of their endeavors.
NEW YORK MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM
To apply for membership please complete all questions.
EXHIBITION PROPOSAL FORM
Your application must include the following:
- A 500 word proposal describing your plans and ideas for the exhibition
- Resume (one page)
- Artist statement (one page)
- Please list one (1) reference with contact information
- Images or Video
- Ten (10) images related to proposed exhibition in 1000px high (variable width), 72dpi, JPG, RGB
- Three (3) videos, each of which can be a maximum of three (3) minutes long. Accepted file types include Mp4, AVI, MOV, MPG. Only moving images, i.e. time-based media, video, kinetic art or documentation of performance art, should be submitted as video files. Videos of still artwork or documentation of artistic process will not be viewed.
- Completed image or video list
We have three different exhibition spaces, please consider this in your proposal.
Gallery I- $3,600 (August ONLY)
Gallery II- $3,200 ($2,900 for A.I.R. NY Artists or August Dates)
Gallery III-$3,200 ($2,900 for A.I.R. NY Artists or August Dates)